Category : Blog
Microsoft word is a software application which allows users to type, edit, and format text and objectives. It is a word processing package. It is used to create letters, memos, newsletters, project, news bulletin, table and simple logos. Etc. MICROSOFT WORD is a family member of “MICROSOFT OFFICE”. Other package that has to deal with word processing (Microsoft Office) are Microsoft Access, Excel, Publisher, Photo Editor, PowerPoint, Netmeeting, Wordpad, Outlook e.t.c.
VERSIONS OF MICROSOFT OFFICE
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 3.1 WINDOWS VERSION
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 4.0 WINDOWS VERSION
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 93 WINDOWS VERSION
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 95 WINDOWS VERSION
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 97 WINDOWS VERSION
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 98 WINDOWS VERSION
- MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR 2000 WINDOWS VERSION
HOW TO LOAD OR OPEN MICROSOFT WORD PROGRAMME
Click start button.
Select all programs.
Click on Ms Word
Double click MICROSOFT WORD icon on the desktop. MS.WORD ENVIRONMENT.
FEATURES OR CHARACTERISTICS OF MS WORD :
1.TITLE BAR: This is a horizontal bar at the top centre of the Ms Word program that displays the name of the package you are currently working on. It also displays the name you are choosing to save a particular file.
Limit Button: This is at the main outrageous right hand side of the program decreases the Ms Word program to a symbol. When this is done, Ms Word will close down particularly and reduce to an icon on the taskbar.
Restore Button – This is at the second outrageous right hand side of the program lessens the Ms Word to half PC screen.. When this is done the button changes to maximize button,
Maximize Button: This shares the same button with the restore button which enlarges the Ms Word program to full computer screen. When this is done the button changes to restore button.
2.MENU BAR: Menus are alluded to as the subject – headings running from FILE to HELP underneath the title bar, with pull down alternatives to which activities are executed on the chosen content or protests in a program. The Ms Word; File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Table, Windows, Help. These menus are dark stage which house the menus subheadings and the alternate way toolbars of the MICROSOFT WORD program.
- STANDARD BAR: This bar contains some of the shortcut icons of the menu bar. E.g. new, open, save, print, print preview, copy, paste etc.
4.RULER BAR: This enables us to set up the margin of the page for accurate measurement. We have vertical and horizontal ruler bar.
- VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL SCROLL BAR: This empowers us to see the screen or the printable page from up to down and from left to right contingent upon your decision.
- PRINTABLE PAGE: This is the page at the centre of the MICROSOFT WORD program in which jobs are done on and printed.
- DRAWING BAR: This bar displays all the drawing tools which enables us to create our different types of drawing. E.g. rectangle, oval, text box, word art etc.
- START BUTTON: This allows us to load or start program in a computer.
MAIL MERGE: This is a process by which a body of a text is used for several addresses of recipient as specified in its template. It produces from letters, label, envelopes, catalogues, and other types of merged document.
Read more at :- CBitss Provide best Advance excel training in chandigarh . If are looking best Advance excel training near sector 34 Chandigarh Cbitss is Best place join now
Procedure for Mail Merge:
1.Type a letter starting with Dear Sir or Madam, the subject and the body texts with conclusion. Do not type the address of recipients, but leave a space for them, which will be inserted automatically after completing the Mail Merge process.
2.after typing the letter click on tool menu, select “Mail Merge”.
There are options 1,2,3 start from options 1:
- Click on create, select form letter, select active window in same option.
- Click on get data, select data source (field names template on display), which contains the first name, last name, company, address 1, address 2, home phone, office phone, postal address, city, state, etc. Note: you can also add your own fields.
- Ok the fields as selected and save with a new different name on request, and click on save (this saves field names to running recipients address
4. (Another template) click on edit data source which will open the data form for entering address.
- If you look at the bottom part of the template you would see the option that counts how many records of recipients addresses you so far entered.
- (Returns to the printable page with mail merge shortcut on the menu side of the program)select merge to new document in the mail merge menu to complete the merging process.
- Then, check your document page after page and observe the performance of the mail merge procedure, all the body of the letter with different address and every address with the same body of the letter vice-versa.
- Now finally save the document with another new name before printing the document for your use.
Draw Table: This allows you to draw a table manually in cells, columns and rows. Click on it and drag on the page to draw table.
Insert Table: This inserts table in columns and rows as you specify in the insert table dialogue box. After creating table, the command changes the command changes to insert rows, columns, or cells depending on the intersection point of the cursor.
Delete/Cell/Row/Columns: This deletes cells, rows, columns of a table based on the intersection point.
Merge Cells: This combines the selected adjacent cell to a single cell.
Distribute Columns Evenly: This changes the selected columns to equal column heights.
Cell Height And Width: This adjusts the height, width, alignment, indent and other formatting of rows and columns in a table.
Headings: This designates the table row to be a table heading in a table.
| s/n PARTICULARS TOTAL PRICE
1. Rice 6,000.00
2. Beans 6,500.00
3. Yam 5,000.00
Convert Table to Text: this convert’s selected table to paragraphed or tabulated text
Convert Text To Table: This converts selected text to table.
Sort: This sorts selected text of the active table in alphabetical and numerical order. It could be ascending or descending.
Ascending order: means from lowest to highest.
SHORTCUTS IN MS WORD
Ctrl+A – Select All
Ctrl+B – Bold The Text
Ctrl+C – Copy Text Or Object
Ctrl+D – Open Font Menu
Ctrl+E – Centre The Text
Ctrl+I – Italic
Ctrl+J – Justify The Text
Ctrl+L – Left Alignment
Ctrl+N – Open New Document
Ctrl+O – Open Existing Document
Ctrl+P – Print
Ctrl+R – Right Alignment
Ctrl+S – Save
Ctrl+U – Underline The Text
Ctrl+V – Paste
Ctrl+W – Close The Window
Ctrl+X – Cut
Ctrl+Y – Redo
Ctrl+Z – Undo
Shift+F3 – Change Case
Ctrl+[ – Reduce Font Size By One
Ctrl+] – Increase Font Size
Alt+F4 – Close The Package
Ctrl+Home – Go To The Beginning of The Page
Ctrl+End – Go To The End of The Page
Ctrl+1 – One Line Spacing
Ctrl+2 – Double Line Spacing
Ctrl+5 – One-Half Line Spacing
HOW TO PRINT
Click on the file menu, select print, select all options: All means all pages; current means current page that you are working on; page means specify the page you want to print.
If You are searching best computer courses in chandigarh Cbitss technologies is right place .Cbitss provide After 12th Computer courses And after graduation Computer Courses in sector 34 Chandigarh .