TEN INCREDIBLE THINGS ABOUT RISING INDIA
Category : Blog
India is one of the most diverse countries in the world, with an ancient culture spanning centuries. It has inspired people around the world for centuries and even today its rich heritage has spread like wildfire across the globe, allowing people from all cultures and all walks of life to enjoy what India has to offer. Indian rich culture is so awe inspiring that few of the incredible things about India are shared below:
- Around 100 Million years ago India was an Island. It had broken off from an ancient supercontinent and then slowly moved to northwards and evidence of this ancient history is provided by fossilised sea shells that can still be found high in the mountains.
- One of the most mysterious things about rising India which shows our rich heritage values are still alive is in the Shani Shingnapur village of Ahmednagar where all houses and shops in the village didn’t have doors and they never kept valuable things in lock and key and there is no police station in this village either.
- India has largest number of post offices in the world. A floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar, was inaugurated in August 2011 which on an average serves a population of 7,175 people.
- Water on Moon was discovered by India’s ISRO Chandrayaan – 1 using its Moon Mineralogy Mapper.
- India’s first rocket was brought on cycle – Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed first rocket with other research organisation. They have used cycle as their medium of transportation and a satellite on bullock cart.
- India has a fascinating diversity of languages unlike anywhere else in the world, with 900 living languages in a country and India is also known as world’s second largest English speaking country.
- 100 Million People come to India’s Kumbh Mela festival, the world’s biggest gathering of humans. The gathering is so large that the Kumbh Mela is visible from space.
- India is world’s largest importer of arms but it has never invaded or attacked a country.
- May 26 is celebrated as the Science Day in Switzerland in honour of late former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, because on the day, Kalam visited the country.
- India discovered the number Zero, value of pi, trigonometry, algebra, calculus.